Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Through the eyes of a child

I don't think Easter will ever be the same for me... since Charis recently accepted Jesus in her heart, her passion for Christ and the Easter story comes out throughout our day.

She has us read her the new storybook about the Easter story from a sweet family friend over and over. She carries the book around pointing to different parts of the story.

"This is the sad part..." Jesus' death.

"This is the happy part..." Jesus' resurrection

She tells me she is angry with those that killed Jesus. We talk about Jesus teaching us to forgive even on the cross.

Coming down the steps one morning she tells us... "I love Jesus. I was praying to him in my bed."

Finding a weed at the park she runs to me ... "Mama, mama, I found a palm. LOOK!"

She waves it. I see her mind churning like she is imagining Jesus entering Jerusalem "yaaay, Jesus"

Looking at me intently she explains it with such passion that I am reminded of an important truth "He is a KING!"


2 comments:

  1. As I was reading your blog, Alina was looking at it with me and then she saw the picture of you and Joshua on your wedding day. She said, "look mommy, she is married...to a prince" Thought you guys should know that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks for sharing! Joshua loved it too =)!

    ReplyDelete