Monday, April 16, 2012

"Χριστός ἀνέστη!" - Christ Has Risen

Since we celebrated Easter for over two weeks here, I had two Resurrection Sundays to try to capture my little ones...





Joshua and I both concluded we liked having a longer celebration of Jesus' death and resurrection. It felt more like Christmas. In Cyprus, "Pascha" is a bigger celebration than Christmas with multiple church services, prayer vigils, lots of church bells, fireworks, bonfire to burn Judas, family gatherings and everyone greeting each other with "Christos Anestis"..."Christ has risen"!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so beautiful! Love the pictures, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful celebration with your family.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I pray your pregnancy is going well! I look forward to pictures of your new little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And you are welcome =)

    ReplyDelete