Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Friday


The church bells chime painstakingly slow today ... each one ringing in my heart a reminder of the cost Jesus paid the day he died. Throughout the day the sounds make their way from the village church to my heart. Their echo hurts when the bitter taste of my sins is too fresh.

It may not be my Good Friday but quickly it becomes mine as the clangs come amid the ordinary...

...as I take down and fold my laundry, I remember that He was bruised for my transgressions.

...as Gabriel laughs and plays with a stray dog, I think about those who didn't know the significance of the day The God Man died.

...as Charis (Grace) notices the bells, I explain that today some people are remembering Jesus' suffering and death.

...while I snuggle my freshly bathed baby, I am grateful.

...while I sit at the computer, I must stop to pray.

I am compelled to pause each time the bells begin. At times tears swell. Every time gratitude overwhelms my soul...

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live


No comments:

Post a Comment