Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Praise God with us, AGAIN!!


Gabriel is a bundle of energy! He is extremely curious which kind of ends in him getting into everything. This contributed to my starting to think that maybe two was enough for me. It was strange for me to find myself in this position since we had begged God for children, and Joshua and I always pictured ourselves with more than two. Around Christmas, God began to grow my heart again for more children...down the road though, I thought.

...several weeks later I kept thinking I was getting sick like everyone else. I felt. so. tired. It took me longer than usual to began wondering ...was I expecting? In the US, if I thought I might be pregnant, I jumped in the car to the nearest store. Here it was a different story. I didn't know where to buy one except possibly at a pharmacy, and they aren't the 24 hour kind. I double checked our closest grocery store and sure enough there were none. The closest pharmacy I knew of was 1/2 hour away. Because of the cost of gas, we don't typically jump in the car for one thing so I quickly found a few other excuses and drove into Limassol during the children's nap. It was a LONG drive there and back. ...you can guess how this ends, yes, a positive pregnancy test!

Joshua and I were thrilled! While it was sooner than I expected or "planned", I found myself smiling from ear to ear. Besides, hadn't I learned that when children come in this world wasn't really up to my plans?! I thought it was special that God had began preparing my heart to welcome this news with such joy. I even found myself strangely surprised at how excited I was...I didn't know that with my third child I would be overjoyed again! The road of bareness and miscarrages will always be very real to me and I feel like Leah - "Happy am I! For women will call me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment