Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ready or not here we go!


This is my last post in Spain! We are on to our next assignment - Cyprus! It will be where we call home. I am excited to start this new phase. I am a bit sad too... Some of it is the things we didn't get to do. Mostly though it is that we have been here just long enough for it to begin to feel like home ... familiar. I don't know what Charis is going to do without her "Mercadona snack" (a local grocery store she loves) and her Nana. We will miss the amazing city of Granada with all its history to see. We will miss the sweet people we have met! Tonight we had a car that actually worked so our little family went up to the mountains and watched our last sunset. It was spectacular! The best part was watching Charis run free. She kept saying "this is our place". I didn't realize how city living has been hard for her too as she sobbed when we left "I don't want to go bye bye...I want to stay in the mountains". Even my sleep deprived Gabriel was giggling as I sat him on the ground. I am writing in a hurry as we are about to leave so will sign off.



2 comments:

  1. Blessings as you make this move! We look forward to hearing of your adventures in Cyprus!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete