Thursday, September 8, 2011

Starting over again...

I walked down a cobblestone road with Gabriel on my hips to a tiny mail room. In the doorway I passed and greeted the lady from a local cafe whom has already invited us to her wedding. My eyes darting to and fro trying to figure out if the man to get my mailbox was here.

"So... you are the Americans who just moved here?" a British accent broke my thoughts. The question reminding me that we live in a small village and news travels fast. I hesitated and then answered "yes" as if I was unsure of the answer. Wondering where the hesitation came from, I was struck with how I am once again trying to catch up with where I am. "Yes" ... three letters, one word packed with so much meaning he could never know to his simple question.

Yes, just over three months ago I tearfully said goodbye to family, friends, and home. Yes, just two weeks ago we left Spain a country we were growing attached to. Yes, the last two weeks we have practically lived out of our car as we drove around in a sea of Greek and English trying to find the best place for our family to live and learning again the best places to shop. Yes, just one week ago we moved in with our four duffle bags and carryons into a 700 square foot house with two beds, two outside table sets and a few abandon dishes. Yes, just one day ago I woke up and our house now with a table, couch, and dishes is starting to become home for my little family - a home I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment