Wednesday, January 11, 2012

EVEN a cup of cold water...


"And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”
Matthew 10:42 ESV

"Mama, I am thirsty" or "Mama, juicy, please" is something I must hear countless times in a day. Sometimes the requests come in not so polite forms "JUICE!!!" or with a baby's cry. And some days when I am weary or when I forget how much I prayed for these precious gifts, I am grumpy at any form of the request. I may not being healing people or moving mountains, but this small act of even handing water to my thirsty child is just as powerful and will not lose its reward. Yet if I don't do it "with love" and for my Savior, I am nothing (1 Cor 13:2). So as I read this today, I thought maybe it could be an encouragement to other moms, dads and caregivers as it was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment