Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"In this world you will have trouble..."

This is something I wrote down on the back of a crumpled Starbucks bag as I was overwhelmed with some of the hardships people around me are facing mixed with things God has and is teaching me....

We all have troubles. None of us want them. Most of us don't pick what our encumbrances or struggles will be. Some of us couldn't have imagined what "it" would be - like for me, I never considered one of my afflictions would have been the unquenchable fire of infertility. And yet for some, "it" is their worst nightmares coming true. Since we will have troubles, the question is what I do with them. As exhaustion clouds our vision or bitter numbness begins to settle in at shattered dreams, there is a soft and gentle call "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest...rest for your souls."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Joanna! Brought tears to my eyes. Yes, infertility is so hard, and many times (for me at least) seems so unfair. But you are right. GOD is always there, beckoning us to come find our rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete