Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The washer hums...then stops abruptly. It starts again going the opposite direction. All the while the clothes aren't going anywhere. As I stare mesmerized, it hits me if I were the clothes inside, it would drive me crazy . . . Then, s.l.o.w.l.y. I accept . . . I am those clothes. My task oriented side cringes. I like progress. I like completed tasks especially the ones unlike laundry that are completed - - - FOREVER! I don't like to have to go back to the store for something I forgot and much less do I like having to relearn a lesson. I feel like it is going backwards. I dislike backwards. This tiny energy efficient washer today fulfills a greater purpose than washing my family's clothing. As it spins its fastest it becomes God's tool to teach me, life most of the time is more like being inside of a washer machine than in a car going forward. In this process of life turning I pray I am becoming more and more like God's son, Jesus.

1 comment: