Friday, January 7, 2011

No Greater Joy...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth" John 1:4
During breakfast I have been reading to Charis a Children's One Year Bible that her Uncle Steven and Aunt Cameron gave her. It is a little old for her age but she has even started to ask for me to read it if I get distracted with other things. This morning she wanted me to go back to the story of the "snake". While finger painting later today, Charis began talking to herself. I love listening to what is running through her little mind. She began to quote her memory verse "Children obey" and then paused "...Adam, snake, apple...obey". My heart jumped with joy. To the mother heart in me, this was thrilling. I desire nothing more than Charis learn to WALK in The TRUTH. Here she had made on her own the connection between two Bible lessons. She was meditating on them. Oh how I pray that this takes deep root in her heart and produces eternal fruit.
"Blessed is the man....his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he mediates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither..." Ps 1

No comments:

Post a Comment